In addition to blogging on this site, I’d like to share other places and faces I’ve shared my work. Josie Ahlquist, as seen on…
- #Trending Now: Digital Student Leadership. SPARKS Conference Keynote, Wittenburg University, September 12-13th.
- Student Leadership in the Digital Age. Student Leader Training. California State University, San Bernadino, September 10th, 2014.
- Social Media Check-Up: Your Digital Identity as a Student Leader. iLEAD, Loyola Marymount University Student Leader Conference, August 13th, 2014.
- Digital Identity and Leadership in Residence Life. Fresno State University Residence Life Training, August 4th, 2014.
- Balancing College and YouTube. VidCon, June 29th 2014
- YouTube Behind the Scenes: An Epic Insight into the Platform’s Impact on Students. ACPA National Conference “Pecha Kucha,” April 1st 2014
- Leadership in the Digital Age. Occidental College Student Leadership Training, May 12th, 2014
Handbook of Student Affairs Administration 4th Edition, Computer-Mediated Communication and Social Media, Chapter 30, Anticipated 2016
Trending Now: Digital Leadership Education using Social Media and the Social Change Model. Journal of Leadership Studies, Anticipated Fall 2014
- Practically Speaking, Community College Practices that Help (Re)define Student Support. Research and Planning Group for California Community Colleges, April 2014
Podcasts & Video Conferences
- Success and Sponsorship. Virtual Reciprocity Ring, July 8th, 2014
- I attended a Student Affairs Convention, Now What? Student Affairs Live, May 14th, 2014
- Social Media in Higher Education. The Student Affairs Spectacular Podcast, March 11th, 2014
- Social Good. Student Affairs Live, December 4th, 2014
- Pursing the Doctorate. Student Affairs Live, November 13th, 2014
- Tweeting at the Top: A Research Study Exploring the Social Media Utilization of Senior Level Student Affairs Leaders. (Invited Session) NASPA Western Regional Conference, Anticipated November 2014
- Using Social Media to Transform Communities. NASPA Western Regional Conference, Anticipated November 2014
- Leadership Education Re-Imagined: Using Social Media & The Social Change Model to Transform Student Leaders. NASPA Western Regional Conference, Anticipated November 2014
- Blogging Bravely. NASPA National Conference, March 17th, 2014
- How YouTube is Impacting Future and Current College Students. NASPA Western Regional Conference, November 7th, 2013
- Social Media Hot Topic Round Table. NASPA Western Regional Conference 2013, November 6th, 2013
- Let’s Not Reinvent the Wheel: Utilizing Pre-existing Items, Scales and Inventories to Assess Student Learning Outcomes. University of Southern California Division of Student Affairs Assessment Symposium, June 19th, 2012
In the Media
- Four to Watch. ACPA Digital Task Force, August 5th, 2014.
- BHSU president named to leader to follow on Twitter. Rapid City Journal, July 30th, 2014.
- Identifying Your Personal Brand: A Chat with Josie Ahlquist. Student Affairs – the First Years Blog, July 24th, 2014
- Q&A: Josie Ahlquist Brings Doctoral Perspective to Higher Ed Blogging. EdTech: Focus on Higher Education, May 30th, 2014
- The 2014 Dean’s List: 50 Must-Read Higher Education Technology Blogs. EdTech: Focus on Higher Education May 21st, 2014
- Anonymous campus confessions raise questions about online community building. The Omega Newspaper, April 7th, 2014
- 20 Pros to Follow. Inside Higher Ed by Eric Stoller, October 3rd, 2013
- Presidential Task Force on Digital Technology in Student Affairs: ACPA, April 2014-Current
- Higher Education Technology Summit: National Association of Student Personal Administrators (NASPA), January 2014-Current
Guest Blog Posts
- How I Work : Student Affairs Women Talk Tech, April 23rd, 2014
- Follow Friday SSAO’s on Twitter : Student Affairs Women Talk Tech, April 4th, 2014
- Daring Greatly at ACPA : ACPA National Convention Blog, April 1st 2014
- Fast Moving Learning : ACPA National Convention Blog, March 31st, 2014
- Ready for Reinvention : ACPA National Convention Blog, March 30th, 2014
- 10 Females to Follow on YouTube : Student Affairs Women Talk Tech, January 10th, 2014
- How to Press Refresh on your Social Media Presence in Four Steps : Student Affairs Feature, January 6th, 2014
- Choosing a Spring National Conference : Student Affairs Women Talk Tech, December 10th 2013
- A Runner on the Injured List : Student Affairs Fitness, November 4th, 2013
- What’s Up with What’s App : Student Affairs Women Talk Tech, November 13th, 2013
- Published Social Media Research in Education : Socialnomics, October, 2o13