I am excited to take this blog from virtual education into face to face speaking engagements, hence the name ‘Josie for Hire.’ On (this page…in progress) you will find information on the types of programs I can offer your institution or organization. From higher education, high school and nonprofit organizations, these sessions can be constructed as a keynote, hands-on workshop or even Skype session.
Why hire me?
- I am experienced at facilitating and speaking to large and small audiences, including college students, administrators, faculty and leadership.
- I also bring an educational researcher perspective into my speaking, as a published author with more scholarly work actively being produced.
- Working in Higher Education for the last 12 years in such areas as student leadership, campus recreation, student housing, student activities, community service and academic outreach allow me to conned to both students, staff and faculty.
- For more information on the types of locations and topics I have spoken, written or appeared on please visit (this page).
What it Means to Hire Josie
My aim is to challenge how higher education thinks about social media for campus community building and leadership capacity. I believe with the right training and tools we all can be digital leaders working toward positive social change for our local and global communities.
- To hire me includes any costs of travel including transportation from Los Angeles, local hotel accommodations, etc.
- Speaker honorarium will go toward the costs associated to my dissertation research, as well as future research projects listed (here).
- I can work with a variety of budgets based upon your needs and extent of the services provided.
I encourage you to consider having me offer a half or full day experience to your organization, rather than just one keynote. Each program is customized to your location needs, as well as the current state of social media and digital technology. I will ensure quality communication leading up to the engagement in order develop collaborative learning outcomes and smooth logistics, with a minimum of two meetings prior to the day of.
For a full list of programs, including learning outcomes and publicity please click (here…in progress).
A Few Shout outs
“Josie is a phenomenal speaker who creates an engaging space for student learning. She is extremely knowledgeable about social media identity and use – and helps others see ways to incorporate SM into their life and work. It is obvious that she is passionate about her work and is thorough in her research and presentations. Josie designs her presentation(s) to be interactive, informative, and fun. We loved having her be a part of our student training and look forward to seeing her influence in the work of our students as they create their digital leadership identity! I highly recommend Josie as a researcher, presenter, and consultant in the areas of social media, digital identity, and student leadership and development.”
Meredith Mickaliger, Assistant Director of Residential Education at Occidental College
“Josie Ahlquist has created a significant amount of content for Student Affairs professionals, especially in the area of digital leadership and social media. She has clearly defined the end goal & competencies for digital leaders and given student affairs professionals a goal in mind when working with a new generation of college student. Her tweets, blogs, work on youtube, and her willingness to engage both in social media AND in real life is why I believe she is one of the top content creators on the interwebs.”
Tyler Miller, Assistant Director of HousingUniversity Courtyard, Fresno State
To begin the communication process, please fill out the below and I will respond at my earliest convince.